Thursday, December 17, 2009

Modern Well Constructed House

I like my house, don't get me wrong, but I've always lived in old victorian era apartments and houses. I would like my next house to be new construction, quality well designed new construction. I'm very handy, I've renovated a house myself for a fairly big profit, I also have not called in a repairman in twelve years. That said, it's no fun always being handy, it's no fun plugging drafts, lying in a tiny crawlspace sweating copper or stripping old paint on the outside trim and re-painting.

The idea of moving is so horrible and putting my house on a dodgy market and maybe losing money combine to make this idea something very far off in the future. Doesn't mean I can't dream of gapless windows, hardwood floors that don't look like horse trails, a master bedroom with it's own modern bath, windows placed where someone actually thought about maximizing light, more than two outlets per room or a heated garage.

A man can dream

No comments:

Post a Comment