Saturday, January 9, 2010

SLR



So many times a day I see something beautiful, strange or just interesting and want to capture it. My iPhone actually takes a decent picture if I stand completely still, my 5 megapixel digital camera takes worse pictures than my phone and is even slower. Speed is very important when it comes to capturing things that are moving or if I'm moving when shooting.

I don't care that much about the advanced features of an SLR, I just want speed and a significant amount of zoom capabilities. Being able to adjust the aperture, flash and shutter speed will be fun to play with but really I just want something that shoots straight, reliably and fast. I want the camera equivalent of the Walther P9 Automatic that Bond carried.

I don't want to spend thousands on a camera, seriously I'd feel pretty stupid carrying around a three thousand dollar piece of equipment to take a picture of a neat bridge or some stuff some teenagers piled up under it to have somewhere to drink. That's the kind of stuff I like to shoot, things and people in slightly unusual settings or poses. I'd like to get the best one I can for under $800. The Nikon D40 fits my needs pretty well and is very affordable.

Pictures like this-


No comments:

Post a Comment