Monday, January 4, 2010

Rega P3 Turntable

I was doing a lot of work on my third floor this weekend when I found a box of old vinyl records. I instantly wished I had a turntable, I would have played albums while I worked. It's not that I don't have an iPod, or that any of the albums were so obscure they couldn't just be downloaded, I wanted to play some vinyl.

I wanted to take the records out of their album covers and dust covers, maybe look at the liner notes, then put them on the turntable and hear IT. It is that sound when the needle first hits the record, then there's the moment before the song begins that's supposed to be nothing but sounds like a quiet airplane hangar, then the music starts.

I suppose it seems like simple nostalgia and it might be. It's the media that I discovered music on, so yeah, call me nostalgic.. The memories of bringing the albums home and rushing upstairs to play them; music seemed so much more exciting and personal then. There's more to it though, there's the album art, the goofy notes on the liner, the label's logo spinning in the middle and the solid, tangible feel of a big record album.

I saw this turntable on line and thought it looked cool, it's the Rega P3, it comes in 24 color combinations and can be found for under $300

No comments:

Post a Comment